Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Heather Jones's Bio


Wow … as we get closer and closer to the date of our climb, the realization is setting in. WHAT HAVE I DONE?? Have I bitten off more than I can chew? Should I have my “head read”? Will I be able to complete this awesome challenge? I then take a deep breath and think (and start to get goose bumps) … what a truly great opportunity I have. Not only will I be climbing the highest peak in Africa, I have the chance to help improve the lives of so many people that are much less fortunate than I am. I was lucky enough to be born in Canada and have the many things that we all take for granted. Clean water, a beautiful home, a cupboard full of so much food that if I never went shopping for 6 months, I would still have something to eat.

As an employee of Artumas Group, I have had the opportunity to see first hand, the great work that the Artumas Africa Foundation has completed over the past few years. Now is my chance to get out from behind my desk and really help make a difference. The support of my family and friends is greatly appreciated and I would like to thank those that have already made a donation. It’s not too late though … if you have not made a donation, perhaps you would consider one now.

Asante (Thank you in Swahili)

No comments:

Post a Comment